Credentialing & Privileging Unit (C&P)
Credentialing & Privileging is a recognition given to nurses by assessing the individual’s eligibility in a particular setting, based on professional training and experience.
- To award a Credentialing Clinical Certificate to Nurses who are eligible for specific clinical procedures and practices.
- To coordinate with specific disciplines to achieve clinical competencies and standards.
- To maintain skill and competency of nurses in performing task to prevent unwanted outcomes.
- Plan and conduct Sub-Specialty Committee (SSC) and the National Credentialing Committee (NCC) meetings.
- Coordinate activities related to the C&P program at the Sub-Specialty Committee (SSC) and the National Credentialing Committee (NCC).
- Manage and process C&P applications for MOH nursing staff.
- Prepare and distribute the Credentialing Certificate for all categories of nurses who have been approved at SSC and NCC meetings.
- Coordinate the establishment of C&P for new clinical / disciplinary services.
- Identify and Coordinate Sub-specialization such as Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Neuro Intensive Care, Cardio Intensive Care Unit and others.