Private Practice and Facility Unit
Health facilities under the Ministry of Health have been utilized by Public and Private Institution (UA/US) for clinical placement of students from various nursing programmes since 1997. Facilities involved are hospitals and health clinics nationwide whereby MoA/MoU were signed between the Government of Malaysia and respective company of Public and Private Institutions before clinical placements.
The unit carries out monitoring visits to MOH facilities used by students to ensure compliance to guidelines and eventually maintaining the standards of nursing. Monitoring visits are aimed at ensuring optimal placement, effective student supervision that will enhance student learning during their clinical placement. All institutions (UA/US) are to abide policies and guidelines set by Malaysian nursing Board (MNB), the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Monitoring visit also include monitoring visits to the universities/colleges/institutions to ensure only qualified lecturers and clinical instructors are employed and posses all relevant qualifications and fulfill all requirements such as possess APC, TPC, teaching permits, teaching methodology and that all documents are current and in place.
- To ensure all approved nursing programmes are managed effectively in accordance with the guidelines set by the Malaysian Nursing Board (MNB), the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- To coordinate the preparation of draft of Memorandum of Agreement (MoA ) and Supplementary Agreement ( SA ) for the Public and Private Institutions with the Ministry of Health after approval granted by the MOH Facilities Committee meeting
- To cooperate with the Ministry of Education (MOE) in monitoring visits to evaluate the qualification of Nursing lecturers and clinical instructors from Private and Public Nursing Institutions (UA/IPTS/US) running nursing programmes.
- CLINICAL FUNCTIONS AND MANAGEMENT
Monitors the clinical placement of nursing students in public hospital/facilities under the Ministry of Health and private hospital/facilities to ensure adequate placement.
- EVALUATION AND MONITORING FUNCTION
Monitors adequate manpower and human resource to ensure effective teaching and learning.
- EVALUATION OF TEACHING PERMIT
– Evaluates all applications of teaching permit in accordance with the Guidelines on Standard and Criteria for Approval/ Accreditation of Nursing Programmes (July 2010 Edition).
– Check all lecturers and clinical instructors posses teaching permits as in accordance with the Guidelines on Standard and Criteria for Approval/ Accreditation of Nursing Programmes (July 2010 Edition).
- MANAGEMENT OF STUDENT COMPLAINTS
Perform visits for substantial complaints if necessary and to issue any endorsements for improvement. If a visit is necessary, the report of findings will be sent to the facilities/institutions involved to ensure corrective action and continuous improvement.