Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Unit
Professional Development Unit aims to plan, coordinate and implement courses and training of nurses employed by the Ministry of Health (MOH). It serves as coordinator for MyCPD online system for the nursing profession. This unit is also responsible for the provision of CPD credit points for Public Universities (UA) or Private Universities (US) and Private Health Care Facilities.
- Ensure that every practicing nurse is equipped with appropriate skills and knowledge obtained through well planned professional development programs.
- Ensure that every practicing nurse meets the criteria of 7 days course per annum in accordance with Circular No. 6/2005, Human Resource Training Policy Public Sector.
- Process CPD application from Private Health Care Facilities, IPTA and IPTS in accordance with the guidelines set by the Nursing Division, Ministry of Health.
- Receiving and processing CPD credit application from Provider / training organizer and setting CPD point for all private nurses / UA / IPTS.
- Role as Supervisor approved CPD point for private nurses / UA / IPTS.
- Supervisory visit to ensure the compliance to the guidelines of facility applied CPD’s point approval.
- To plan and provide budget for the nursing profession’s training and development activities at the Nursing Division and National level.
- To plan in-service training requirements and prepare the training schedule for the staff in Nursing Division, MOH.
- Coordinate and implement the In-Service Training Program organized by the Nursing Division, MOH.
- Monitor the annual CPD points for nurses through the mycpd system for nurses and the Log Book for administrative staff at the Nursing Division, MOH.
- Perform an online CPD Verification Audit for a member of the Nursing Division, MOH