Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Professional Development Unit aims to plan, coordinate and implement courses and training of nurses employed by the Ministry of Health (MOH). It serves as coordinator for MyCPD online system for the nursing profession. This unit is also responsible for the provision of CPD credit points for Public Universities (UA) or Private Universities (US) and Private Health Care Facilities.
- Ensure that every practicing nurse is equipped with appropriate skills and knowledge obtained through well planned professional development programs.
- Ensure that every practicing nurse meets the criteria of 7 days course per annum in accordance with Circular No. 6/2005, Human Resource Training Policy Public Sector.
- Process CPD application from Private Health Care Facilities, IPTA and IPTS in accordance with the guidelines set by the Nursing Division, Ministry of Health.
- Plans and coordinates the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities for the development of the nursing profession, through training programs organized by the Ministry of Health, other government departments or agencies for training within and outside the country.
- Prepares annual budget projections for training programs for professional development of nurses
- Provides CPD credit points for nurses in the Private Sectors, UA and US, in accordance with the guidelines set by the Nursing Division, MOH.
- Coordinates online MyCPD programs for the Nursing profession, Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- Prepare reports for each course or training activities conducted / organized.